Plex pugin stuck on Version: 1.32.8.7639

angyp

Dabbler
Can somebody explain why the iXsystems plex plugin is not being updated in TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1

It's kinda annoying as the current version 1.32.8.7639 seems to crash randomly with this message.

Feb 21 04:55:08 truenas kernel: pid 82927 (Plex Media Server), jid 9, uid 972: exited on signal 11

It was being updated regularly previously.

Thanks in advance.

nyxtyr

Dabbler
I was also curious about this.

Latest plugin version is: 1.32.8.7639
Latest FreeBSD version is: 1.40.0.7998

It could be that the latest version just released on February 13, 2024 and there are some database changes and maybe they are working on sorting that out with the plugin?

It does not that is need to be FreeBSD 11.2 or newer which i think truenas and my jails are running that or newer.

I'd just like to note I did a forced update about a year ago and it crashed my plex jail and had to roll it back and wait a few weeks for the plugin to update.

victort

Guru
Yes. Plugins are dead and not maintained anymore. I suggest you take a look at my signature for a scripted plex installation in a manual jail.

That allows you to update using a simple pkg upgrade command.

nyxtyr

Dabbler
Yes. Plugins are dead and not maintained anymore. I suggest you take a look at my signature for a scripted plex installation in a manual jail.

That allows you to update using a simple pkg upgrade command.
Thanks but making a new plex install/jail isn't an option I am willing to do. Having to reset up everything, reinvite everyone. Not worth it.

Will figure out how to fix the PMS_Updater error or another route on updating the current install.

angyp

Dabbler
Since when are plugins no longer maintained? Did I miss the communication from IX Systems? I looked at moving to SCALE but that is also stuck on plex version 1.32.8.7639. I need to be able to maintain my Plex database and settings. There must be a way.

angyp

Dabbler
I have read that now and understand. It doesn't say that IX System plugins won't be updated and I think they should be maintained until the end date. The last time I looked the SCALE Plex app was still stuck on the same version. Can anyone who has done a recent install or migration confirm that, please?

nyxtyr

Dabbler
I have read that now and understand. It doesn't say that IX System plugins won't be updated and I think they should be maintained until the end date. The last time I looked the SCALE Plex app was still stuck on the same version. Can anyone who has done a recent install or migration confirm that, please?
I can do a fresh install of scale and core and check on Tuesday. I was planning on researching how to migrate my plex plugin jail into a manual install and also try to figure out why the PMS_Updater script I've been using for so long isn't working anymore.

Plex Media Server for FreeBSD​

FreeBSD 11.2 or newer
v.1.40.0.7998-c29d4c0c8
February 13, 2024
Download 64-bit

BETA RELEASE​

v.1.40.1.8120-6dc7f7fd8
February 22, 2024

angyp

Dabbler
I can do a fresh install of scale and core and check on Tuesday
That would be great. I think I can already predict the outcome for CORE but would be great to see what happens with SCALE.

I used the PMS_Updater in FreeNAS plex jail back in the day but I didn't need to use it with CORE because the plugin was updated regularly enough for me.

nyxtyr

Dabbler
Just ran up SCALE myself and the plex version is 1.40.0.7998
TrueNAS version: TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1
Jail version: 13.2-RELEASE-p9
Plex version: 1.40.1.8120

CORE plugin updated to latest version running this:

Code:
jexec 1 csh

pkg install ca_root_nss

pkg install wget

pkg install perl5

fetch -o PMS_Updater.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_Updater.sh

chmod 755 PMS_Updater.sh

./PMS_Updater.sh -vv -a

doing the ca root nss and pearl5 fixed the issue i was having with doing manual updated on my plugin plex jail.

angyp

Dabbler
Wow I just looked at my CORE install they have finally updated the official plugin to Version: 1.40.0.7998, might just upgrade to that in the interim