Plex Plugin Showing Offline for XBox One App

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdianIV

Dabbler
I suspect that this question will have a quick answer.

I'm running FreeNAS 9.3 and using the plugin for Plex Media Server (0.9.11.7.803). Plex works great internally, externally, and for my external friends and their Rokus. A few days ago I bought a PlexPass subscription so that I could try using it on my XBox One.

My XBox app shows my media server, but lists it as Offline. I can see my friend's Plex server just fine, and access their content without problem. I have a post on the Plex forums about it, but I've already tried all of the things folks send me to with the exception of updating to the absolute newest version.

I expect that in order to get Plex to work for the XBox One, I need to be running either a newer version of the software, or a special version for Plexpass users. I found the thread below that details how to manually install Plex on a Jail:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/tutorial-how-to-install-plex-in-a-jail.19412/

Before I went through all that, though, I wanted to see if anyone else has run into that issue. It wouldn't be the first time I overlooked a much simpler solution (like an existing plexpass plugin or something), so I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
No Plex pass plugin. Installing in a jail is probably the best way to go. Takes about 10min to install.

AdianIV

Dabbler
Thanks for the response, that's what I figured.

Too bad after installing it, I'm still having the same issue. Back to troubleshooting I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.