Plex plugin / jail network issues with VLAN since changing IP address

lowlytech

Dabbler
Had to change my private LAN subnet due to VPN conflict issues. Changed from 172.16.10.0/24 to 10.0.10.0/24 Have everything working now on the new subnet but a single issue with the plex jail on a TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1. Using 12.2-RELEASE-p15 of plex.
When I went into the jail to change the IP (always has been static assigned) it is not reachable on the new subnet. I open a shell on the jail and can not ping my gateway. I searched and found a few posts related to etc/resolv.conf in the jail itself. This has the new updated ip so I don't think this is the issue. After trying several other things and getting nowhere on the jail I ticked the DHCP option. This came back with getting an IP from my guest vlan. I am baffled why it did this, but it works with this address, but I want my plex service to be on the native lan.

I went into my Unifi network (which I did update as well with new subnet) and overroad the port that the Truenas is connected to from auto, to the 10.0.10.x network, and it still wants to grab an IP from the guest VLAN only on the plex instance. I have went into the main config of Truenas and verified the global network settings have been updated, and I have one VM that is also working just fine with the new subnet, but for what ever reason it is like the network interface of the plex jail does not want to talk on the native LAN. I changed nothing in the switch and it always worked before on the native lan with the port set to auto.

Any ideas where to start for changing the network interface on the plex jail? Happy to provide any logs or screenshots if you can tell me where they are. Thanks so much.

lowlytech

Dabbler
I will also add I have 2 active interfaces connected to my network. The main interface is addressed for the native LAN, the 2nd interface is connected to the same switch on the guest VLAN. However the jail config of plex is selected to use the main interface and not the 2nd one.

lowlytech

Dabbler
Took some screen shots of the setup incase someone can spot something that isn't right on the jail setup

Attachments

• sh5.png
    sh5.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 80
  • sh1.png
    sh1.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 75
  • sh2.png
    sh2.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 82
  • sh3.png
    sh3.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 70
  • sh4.png
    sh4.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 75

lowlytech

Dabbler
Well I went into my unifi controller and changed the secondary port on the switch to the ALL network and now the static IP addressing is working with the new IP change. So it seems plex is wanting to use my secondary interface instead of the primary, even though it shows clearly that IX0 is selected. Is there any place to look to correct this or a known issue on changing the virtual interface binding when dealing with multiple nics?

The secondary interface (1gig copper) was always hard set to the guest vlan for a separate issue I was having with my VM several months ago where it filtered internet for the guest network via nxfilter and my main interface (Fiber 10Gb) was always on the ALL setting. This seemed to not bother plex in the least until the IP change today.

So in summary I have plex working with the static ip change, it was a switch configuration that was the fault, but now I wonder how to check or change and see which interface plex jail is actually using.

lowlytech

Dabbler
I think this may be a lead on what finally fixed my issue.

Somehow I had no bridge interfaces, when I created a bridge0 everything in plex started working as expected.