PLEX Plugin in 9.3 won't install

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrredskin

Dabbler
still getting ix-warden issue on jail configuration. every time. now i can't even get past 20% installation of Plex plugin. I'm trying 9.2.1.9 as we speak. Most help videos are still of that version, anyway. If I can figure out the previous version with relative ease, I'll come back to 9.3

Majortom84

Dabbler
I had the same issue, I re-installed 2 times. After that I had a fresh install and I made a "jails root" Dataset but my plugin install still failed. I deleted my made jails root and then tried again and my plugins started to download. Hope this helps :)

ric

Contributor
Same problem here..Plex plugins fail to install, however if I tried to install other plugins it works fine.

I cannot delete my jail root just like that because of my Vbox and there are VMs currently running in there too.

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Same problem here..Plex plugins wont install.

FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011
do any plugins install? can you install a standard jail?

ric

Contributor
do any plugins install? can you install a standard jail?
Yes, I am able to install standard jail without any issue. I even tried deleting Plex directory folder under Storage Tab, and then rebooted freenas system but still not working.

PlexMediaServer 0.9.15.6.1714

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes, I am able to install standard jail without any issue. I even tried deleting Plex directory folder under Storage Tab, and then rebooted freenas system but still not working.
You said you couldn't install plex earlier, but now you say you are trying to delete it as if it did at one time install?
deleting the dataset from the storage tab doesn't work?

Can you install any plugins? maybe your plugins jail template is broken.

ric

Contributor
What I meant was I deleted the source directory of that plugin (Plex).

Now I'm getting below error of any plugin I download.

Error: Failed to download plugin

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
What I meant was I deleted the source directory of that plugin (Plex).

Now I'm getting below error of any plugin I download.

Error: Failed to download plugin
OK, I'm not personally sure. but we do know its not specific to any plugin, but the plugins system

ric

Contributor
Update: I've deleted all my installed plugins and Jails (everything), system rebooted.

My jails config as follows: "Jails>Configuration: Jail Root: /mnt/tank"

First, I install Transmission, CouchPotato and BTsync, everything works just fine there without any issue, but make no difference on PlexMediaServer problem still the same "Error: Fail to download plugin".

I've tried everything except re-installing the whole freenas system. Any other advice?

Last edited:

khous

Cadet
Has this bug been fixed? I'm running FreeNAS-11-STABLE, and getting this same error. I'm running FN11 on new hardware, IntelI3 with 16 GB of RAM installed on a SANDISK 32GB USB thumb drive, and have 3- 4GB Hard drive in RaidZ format. Everything appears to run fine, but I cannot get the Plex plugin to install. I keep getting this error...

Request Method: POST
Request URL: http://192.168.1.205/plugins/plugin...60427bc1ee8f794ba983fe81145c71ccb15509cd80a8/
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5)
Exception Type: MiddlewareError
Exception Value: [MiddlewareError: b"'warden_exception' object has no attribute 'encode'"]
Exception Location: ./freenasUI/plugins/views.py in install_available, line 308

I really want to you FreeNAS, but if it doesn't work wit Plex, I'll have to go back to Windows :(

Redcoat

MVP
Try installing in a Jail rather than using the plug in - follow this guide (which is up to date for 11 despite its title).

Status
Not open for further replies.