Plex Mount issues FreeNAS 11 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthertm

Dabbler
Is anyone else experiencing the problem that you cannot create new mounts on Plex plugin? Is there a work around to manually create new mounts?
Really frustrating as my Plex is unusable as I dont want to link all movies, TV etc to one mount.
I try to create a new mount i.e iocage/jails/plex/root/media/tv but it doesnt create 'tv', it wont create any new mounts - never had this issue before on previous versions.
If no joy I will revert back to previous release.

Xeon E5-2440v2
32gb ECC
5*3tb WD Red
Supermicro X8

D

dlavigne

What specific error do you get when the create fails?

arthertm

Dabbler
No error trying to create the mount.. once configured and you click save it actually fails to save, the mount shows as saved but fails to actually create it in the jail/root/... iocage directory. It shows in the list of mounts but when you try to start the jail you are greeted with an error stating that the mount doesn't exist. Furthermore, you then go to delete the mount and it wont delete. I had this working fine in Beta 2. Problems started in Beta 3. Issued replicated on my backup NAS also running Beta 3.

hydo14

Cadet
I have this exact issue, but am also noticing that when trying to create a mount that the file browser tree for the destination fails to load any of the file structure within the jail (when you click on it the tree just states "loading". The browser for the source does work however.

pschatz100

Guru
No error trying to create the mount.. once configured and you click save it actually fails to save, the mount shows as saved but fails to actually create it in the jail/root/... iocage directory. It shows in the list of mounts but when you try to start the jail you are greeted with an error stating that the mount doesn't exist. Furthermore, you then go to delete the mount and it won't delete. I had this working fine in Beta 2. Problems started in Beta 3. Issued replicated on my backup NAS also running Beta 3.
It might help if you detail, step by step, exactly what you did and any messages you got along the way. More information would be helpful.

If it was working in 11.2-beta2, why are you trying to mount datasets now? Wouldn't the mounts already be there?

hydo14

Cadet
It might help if you detail, step by step, exactly what you did and any messages you got along the way. More information would be helpful.

If it was working in 11.2-beta2, why are you trying to mount datasets now? Wouldn't the mounts already be there?

For me I had the mounts working in Beta 2 however in beta 3 the existing mounts cause that jail to not start with an error stating that there is no such file or directory, hence it no longer works.

I then attempted to remove the mounts to recreate them and using the delete option from the menu for each mount. This gave a please wait prompt but then the mount was not deleted even after closing and re opening the jail mount point screen. Seemingly the only way to delete mounts is to remove the jail entirely.

D

dlavigne

No error trying to create the mount.. once configured and you click save it actually fails to save, the mount shows as saved but fails to actually create it in the jail/root/... iocage directory. It shows in the list of mounts but when you try to start the jail you are greeted with an error stating that the mount doesn't exist. Furthermore, you then go to delete the mount and it won't delete. I had this working fine in Beta 2. Problems started in Beta 3. Issued replicated on my backup NAS also running Beta 3.

There are several mount related issues fixed for RC1. If the issue persists after RC1 is available, please report it at bugs.freenas.org.

hydo14

Cadet
There are several mount related issues fixed for RC1. If the issue persists after RC1 is available, please report it at bugs.freenas.org.

Thanks, I have rolled back to freenas 11.0 for the time being and will try again with RC1.

Status
Not open for further replies.