Plex jail died (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy

Patron
How are your jails getting their IP address, static or DHCP? With other jails working and the Plex service running it sure sounds like an IP conflict.

I would agree. Assuming your home router is your DHCP server, check the status of your IP leases compared to the IP of your jail. If there are two devices occupying the same IP then there is your problem.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What error do you get when accessing plex using your plex jail ip:32400? timeout?

also what is the output of netstat -na | grep 32400

Last edited:

ajschot

Patron
How are your jails getting their IP address, static or DHCP? With other jails working and the Plex service running it sure sounds like an IP conflict.
Static ip addresses and like i wrote i checked them

ajschot

Patron
What error do you get when accessing plex using your plex jail ip:32400? timeout?

also what is the output of netstat -na | grep 32400
In plex app and on plex.tv just getting the server is not found.
When i logon the ip just get error that the site is unavialeble, same as a non existing site that it is not reacheble.

Next crash i will try to put the output here... i choosed to delete the jail and install the normal plex again. We will see when it stops.... hope it will keep running.
I deleted all jail entries in my router too make sure everything is gone also i deleted server links in plex.
I did not do all of this i think last time, just to be sure that everything is gone. Hope it will run because i can not find others that have these problems, but it was the 3rd time in less than one week.

ajschot

Patron
I would agree. Assuming your home router is your DHCP server, check the status of your IP leases compared to the IP of your jail. If there are two devices occupying the same IP then there is your problem.
This was my first thing too but no no double ip addresses nor double mac addresses.
But i gave up on it and just deleted the jail. Stopped all jails. Deleted all entries in my routers dhcp server and made a new jail installed normal plex (not plex-pass). Hope it will keep on running with a clean install, clean dhcp server etc.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
In plex app and on plex.tv just getting the server is not found.
When i logon the ip just get error that the site is unavialeble, same as a non existing site that it is not reacheble.

Next crash i will try to put the output here... i choosed to delete the jail and install the normal plex again. We will see when it stops.... hope it will keep running.
I deleted all jail entries in my router too make sure everything is gone also i deleted server links in plex.
I did not do all of this i think last time, just to be sure that everything is gone. Hope it will run because i can not find others that have these problems, but it was the 3rd time in less than one week.
so the webpage actually loads the plex app? If it's telling you server not found that sounds like a plex erorr not a http error. Screenshots would be nice.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Alright folks, the original thread was deleted for no good reason, so I reinstated it and merged the new thread into the original one. If anyone notices a weird disconnect where it seems that the thread was restarted, now you know why.

ajschot

Patron
Alright folks, the original thread was deleted for no good reason, so I reinstated it and merged the new thread into the original one. If anyone notices a weird disconnect where it seems that the thread was restarted, now you know why.
Sorry, I deleted the thread because people were not taking me serious, one of the reasons was that it was not in the pre-release topic so that's why. I am sorry but if people only start barking instead of helping, no one will have benefit, not only me but maybe others in the future. I learned a lot from threads here and on other forums, so if people feel it is not right? Well i could not move it so i deleted the junk thread and start a new one in the pre-release area were the same people were giving me normal answers.

Last edited:

ajschot

Patron
so the webpage actually loads the plex app? If it's telling you server not found that sounds like a plex erorr not a http error. Screenshots would be nice.
No it did not getting error in safari and chrome that the server is not aviable or unreacheable (sorry i don't know what it shows in English, because my system does not run in English. Just keeps spinning and then giving that the page is not found so no running plex splash screen, i just could not reach IP:32400/web and it worked for one and a half day.
Yes only 1 ip was in use and reserved on the plex jail, and yes no more of same mac addresses en yes restart jail an freenas did not work. It is not that i go here for any small problem if there is something i can not figure out or i can not find any info about i bother you guys otherwise i will not do that. For now 1 part hopes it dies again and one part hopes it keeps on running at least untill i'm back ;-)

Last edited:

RodyMcAmp

Contributor

ajschot

Patron
on ESXi did you make sure your nic is in promiscuous mode?

got this from b3n.org
Petersays:
June 16, 2015 at 3:18 pm

Thanks for the great blog Ben, really useful.. Another thing I figured out yesterday is that the plex plugin in FreeNAS needs Esxi promiscuous mode enabled… http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/mi...ype=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&externalId=1004099

Without it, you can’t access the web interface for plex plugin… Might be useful info for someone.
thanks for your input yes i am sure i did that (also it worked but died)

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
thanks for your input yes i am sure i did that (also it worked but died)
It dies? How come the posts you have made show is running? I'm fairly certain this is a problem with Plex not freenas. But it's really hard to tell when your information is not consistent.

Can you be more descriptive when your say the word dies? I don't think your usage of it's the same as what it normally means. Normally it means the process is no longer running.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Stupid question but did you open the correct port on your router?

ajschot

Patron
Stupid question but did you open the correct port on your router?

In a netwrok i don't have to open ports internally only to the outside world. So if i do IP:32400/web it is not needed.
It could be a plex problem offcourse but still that combination did not work. Like i wrote i deleted everything in the router and deleted all jails an setup everything again and for now it is still working. But both times it happens was after changing metadata and adding films and series to the plex library.

Again all info i gave was consistent only i can not provide new information because i did not want to wait and spend more time. It took already more time to solve the issue than to setup a new jail and library.

Maybe ThorP can provide more info

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
In a netwrok i don't have to open ports internally only to the outside world. So if i do IP:32400/web it is not needed.
It could be a plex problem offcourse but still that combination did not work. Like i wrote i deleted everything in the router and deleted all jails an setup everything again and for now it is still working. But both times it happens was after changing metadata and adding films and series to the plex library.

Again all info i gave was consistent only i can not provide new information because i did not want to wait and spend more time. It took already more time to solve the issue than to setup a new jail and library.

Maybe ThorP can provide more info
So after rebuilding things is working now? Your don't have any not problems?

ajschot

Patron
So after rebuilding things is working now? Your don't have any not problems?

No jail is running fine now for over a week, but I did not do a lot of library changes yet, i remembered i was doing a lot of library changed when plex web gui went donw and was not reacheale anymore, but the thing is i had this never in docker where i did a lot of more library changes in the same time. But that was offcourse an other version of Plex (linux).

Status
Not open for further replies.