Plex - Can't Sign In

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfvgyhn

Dabbler
Running 9.10 STABLE. I deleted all my jails/plugins from 9.3 and then I installed Plex via the plugin manager. I can play media and all of my media has been successfully scraped. When I attempt to sign in though, I get an error.
Selection_001.png

Logs show that it is trying to use sign_in.xml from the folder "undefined" which doesn't seem correct.
Selection_002.png

Code:
[0x80d020c00] DEBUG - Request: [192.168.1.150:33128] POST /web/undefined/users/sign_in.xml (8 live) GZIP
[0x80d020c00] DEBUG - Final path: /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/share/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-cece46d/WebClient.bundle/Contents/Resources/undefined/users/sign_in.xml
[0x80a40d800] DEBUG - Completed: [192.168.1.150:33128] POST /web/undefined/users/sign_in.xml (8 live) GZIP 1ms 415 bytes 404 (pipelined: 9)

My Resources folder contains the follwing:
Code:
root@plexmediaserver_1:/usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/share/plexmediaserver/Resources/Plug-ins-cece46d/WebClient.bundle/Contents/Resources # ls
css            favicon-mask.svg    favicon.ico        img            index.html        js            setup.html        swf            translations

I'm also seeing a lot of the following entries in my log file. I'm not sure if they are related.
Code:
[0x80a415000] WARN - NetworkServiceBrowser: Error sending out discover packet: send_to: Can't assign requested address

Any ideas on why I'm running into this issue?

madmaxed

Cadet
Can you ping an outside network from your Plex Jail?

I had a similar problem when first using plex because of network issues with jails not being able to get to the outside world.

rfvgyhn

Dabbler
Yeah, I can ping google just fine. Plex was able to scrape all the metadata from the movie db as well.

I'm not sure what "undefined" is supposed to be. It looks like it should be a folder name on my disk but it doesn't exist. I imagine that part of the path is generated in the javascript somewhere but the var is undefined for some reason.

Can anyone open their network tab in the browser devtools (or check their log files) and see what the full path for the sign_in.xml is supposed to be?

rfvgyhn

Dabbler
This was an ID10T error. I use uMatrix to block javascript in chrome and I forgot to whitelist Plex's dependencies. All is well now. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.