pkg update/upgrade Operation Timed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thousandbuckle

Contributor
Hello all, running FreeNAS FreeNAS-9.10-STABLE-201605240427 (64fcd8e) on a SuperMicro X10SL7-F motherboard with 32GB ECC RAM. Up until now when creating a manual jail using the FreeNAS default I was able to do pkg update && pkg upgrade to get the jail ready before do pkg install.

Issue I have recently now is doing pkg update or pkg upgrade is giving me various Operation Time Out errors for no apparent reason. If I keep trying the pkg command it will sometimes get all the files it needs in the download so I can move on but it can take quite a few hours or days to do and the issue seems to be getting worst. I am running Plex, Sonarr, NZBGet, and Plexpy in other jails and they are working just fine with data connection to the internet. I am getting 50mb download so speed should not be an issue. In the jail I can ping the internet and various domains so DNS seems to be working just fine. I have rebooted the server but still have the issue.

Need your help to troubleshoot because at this point in time I can not setup and install any new jails.

Example of a failed pkg update request inside the jail:
root@next_cloud:/ # pkg update
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
[next_cloud] Fetching meta.txz: 100% 944 B 0.9kB/s 00:01
[next_cloud] Fetching packagesite.txz: 100% 5 MiB 151.5kB/s 00:38
pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/freebsd:10:x86:64/latest/packagesite.txz: Operation timed out
Unable to update repository FreeBSD

Status
Not open for further replies.