PI-Hole

Dave41

Dabbler
IX version of Pi-Hole hangs trying to deploy, never finishes. Shell shows the following:
error: unable to upgrade connection: container not found ("pihole")
True Charts PI-Hole will not install for me also. On Bluefin 22.12.1, but it had the same error on 22.12.0 the only other app (SyncThing) on the system runs fine. Does anyone have install instruction for the "current version" that actually work?

Dave41

Dabbler
SOLVED: First issue I found was Docker couldn't write to ix-applications dataset (Apparently I had done something in the past that changed the permissions). I discovered this error by running the "docker version" command and seeing a permission error at the end of the listing.
Second issue I had was pi-hole would hang trying to deploy and never finish. By running and looking at the output from "k3s kubectl get pods --all-namespaces" command I noticed the system had gotten a timeout error trying to create/retrieve the app from the TrueCharts site. I had seen a post somewhere that suggested using the "docker pull" command to get the app downloaded and cashed on your system to solve an issue like this and that worked.
This likely only affects the 20% of us using the internet in rural America with lousy DSL connections.
Also of note: I learned when you are logged into the Bluefin shell as Admin most of the Docker and Kubernetes commands will fail unless you use the "SU" command to obtain root privileges first.