Phantom PERL fails "macusers" command

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPlumber

Patron
I have some experience with both ZFS and netatalk, but new to FreeNAS. New owner of a ix systems FreeNAS mini running FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64.

I would like to run my old friend the "macusers" command from a shell, to see who's connected to afp shares, because that information seems to be sadly lacking in the GUI.

Problem:

[user@freenas ~]$ macusers

-bash: /usr/local/bin/macusers: /usr/bin/perl: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
[user@freenas ~]$ ls -l /usr/bin/perl
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 25 Apr 23 12:15 /usr/bin/perl -> /usr/local/bin/perl5.16.3
[jgmdean@haai ~]$ ls -l /usr/local/bin/perl15.16.3

ls: /usr/local/bin/perl15.16.3: No such file or directory
[user@freenas ~]$ pkg_info | grep perl
perl5-5.16.3_6 Practical Extraction and Report Language
So, PERL is supposedly installed on the system, but the actual binaries have been deleted?

What the fsck? :smile: Was this by design, or is there something wrong with my image? I'm guessing there isn't enough space in the image to "correct" this either, so I thought I'd check here before resorting to some extremely ugly hackery and a bunch of symbolic links to /mnt/mytank to get this to work. I'm really trying to treat FreeNAS like an appliance for the most part, but that model gets broken when basic usage and connectivity information isn't in the GUI.

If this was intentional: Why? Why fake it out instead of simply deinstalling the port from the image as Beastie intended? PERL may not be everyone's favorite script language (it certainly isn't mine), but unless you plan on rewriting a whole lot of things, it is needed for a bunch of NAS related scripts.

I guess I should log a feature request or ditto one if it already exists?

James

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here. Indicate that macusers is included in the netatalk port and that perl is required for netatalk to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.