Permissions

Bhoot

Patron
I've been running my freenas machine high atop an island on my own for my family and I and thanks to a lot of members here, I've been able to achieve everything and more from it. I'm like the treasure keeper of the entire family albums and backups. So many members of my family have blessed them coz they lost their phones and never had to bother about the data (especially pics) coz that sync was enabled to plex.
A few days back I did the worst thing I should have. I tried installing nextcloud. I have had experience with the plugin during 9.3 and it seemed not very appealing, but now with the lack of memory cards on apples and androids, I thought it would have been worth it.
I saw a few videos and decided to follow one I thought, I would be able to follow through. That required me to chmod (ie change permission) to my dataset. Eversince that day, my server doesn't seem to be working as I need it to. I know it's my fault but I'd like for it to go back to normal. I also created a new user with a new group (following the video) but then other things became weird.
Like if I shifted a video from
root>folder>xyz.mkv to root>xyz.mkv
I couldn't shift it back to its original location. Now that I managed to plex doesn't pick up the video.
Tried to do the same with a few folders
root>folder>FOLDER to root>FOLDER
and after trying and succeeding via root to switch it to the original path, the files within it don't get picked up by plex. While checking permission through CIFS all permissions are blanked.

I am a single user and that video made me make a user (bhoot) under a new group (admin).
I have access to all my data through CIFS and can move things to and from my NAS. It's just applying some weird permission.

With making things movable between directories the Plex jail is still playing all the data but not adding any new files/folders to it's scan. My secondary server (shield) logged in from root has full access to all the files.

Could some one give me a simple magic wand to make all my data as it was? I don't mind accessing everything from root, since I am the only user and I generally don't SSH. My Ip has a tendency of people trying to attack it, so all my ports except plex are closed.

Hoping for a quick and easy solution.

Bhoot

Patron
plex.png

This is how my folders turned grey when moving from root> folder to root and then after relogging in from root to shift them back to root>folder.

permissions.png

Current permissions look like this.

I do feel, the user has disrupted the talk between the jails and folders (dataset) for data.