Permissions issues after 20150504 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianwi

Guru
Just updated from 20150417 (i think) to the latest STABLE update and when I try to add a new folder through a AFP share I'm getting a Finder password window and then the message "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission"

I've checked the permissions and recursively reapplied them, without any success.

Did something change with AFP between the updates? It would be good if there was a sticky in the forum somewhere with a link to the changes in each release.

UPDATE

A bit more investigation, and this is just a problem on my media dataset which now has the following permissions:

Code:
drwxrwxr-x+ 10 adrian   adrian   12 May  6 19:24 media 

I'd never seen a '+' at the end, so a quick Google search suggests this is something to do with Access Control Lists but I can't find a whole lot more. It did suggests running getfacl to show further permissions which returns:

Code:
# file: media                                                                 
# owner: adrian                                                               
# group: adrian                                                               
            owner@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow                                
            group@:rwxpDdaARWcCos:fd----:allow                                
         everyone@:r-x---a-R-c---:fd----:allow 

I haven't done anything other than run the update, so has this implemented something to do with ACL?

And any idea how I remove the '+' :D

UPDATE2

Thinking some more, this might be down to the fact I'm running a new ZFS Replication and it's currently in the process of transferring the media dataset :D :D :D

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Did something change with AFP between the updates? It would be good if there was a sticky in the forum somewhere with a link to the changes in each release.

Regarding this point, click the SU date to access the Changelog for that SU (or any previous SUs that were also applied to get the system up-to-date).

adrianwi

Guru
Regarding this point, click the SU date to access the Changelog for that SU (or any previous SUs that were also applied to get the system up-to-date).

Thanks for this!

The replication is now onto another dataset so the issue above doesn't appear to be related to this as the media dataset still has the ACL+ permissions and the one it's currently replicating doesn't.

I can remove them using SETFACL -b dataset, but can't seem to find anything that I can apply recursively to remove from all files/folders within a dataset. As you can imagine, there are lots of files and folders in my media dataset!

The -R flag doesn't appear to work in FreeBSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.