Permissions Fail Upon Reboot or Long Periods of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdon

Cadet
Running 8.2 BETA 2, since the my 8.0.4 install was a complete disaster, and I could not remove permissions that I had placed earlier during the setup, thus cutting me off from accessing my files.

Currently, I have it set up as "anonymous access", literally straight from the guide on the freenas site. It worked for several hours, but now, every time I try and access the share from any of my network windows PC's, it requests a username and password, or sometimes even just rejects my "credentials" altogether. It is a cifs share created from the "anonymous" portion of this: (http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/CIFS_Shares) guide. Any help would be appreciated, as this has been an entire day of hair-tearing madness.

Thanks for your time!

edit: I just rebooted the server and also rebooted CIFS service, and it is working again. So I have come to the conclusion that the errors are based on something simply time variant? Does this sound like something that happens from time to time? Thanks.

edit 2: It appears that I can now read and write, but cannot edit the names of files/folders or delete these either. This is a complete and utter nuisance.

Hammerz

Dabbler
I would like to know if anyone knows what triggers this too actually. I have rare but frequent "enough" disconnects to network path and asking for credentials as well.
Cheers!

kdon

Cadet
bump for some help please!! :)

SOLVED!!! It appeared that there were bugs in the GUI which messed up the permissions. Used "chmod -R 777 /mnt/share" to just open up the files manually and it works perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.