Permission changes doesnt save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seether13

Cadet
I have added a new HDD and set it up the same as my other two. However when I change the permissions to "Write" for Group and Other it doesn't save it and keep reverting back to unticked.

Any ideas?

8564467627_0e51cfcf35_c.jpg

Caesar

Contributor
your authentication type is set to Windows. You have to set to Unix for the GUI to control permissions.

russnas

Contributor
thanks i have this problem too, its best to use unix

see link below and search acl
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Volumes

Unix and Windows ACLs are mutually exclusive, this means that you must select the correct type of ACL to match the share; see the paragraph below the table for more details

When in doubt, or if you have a mix of operating systems in your network, select Unix ACLs as all clients understand them. Windows ACLs are appropriate when the network contains only Windows clients and are the preferred option within an Active Directory domain. Windows ACLs add a superset of permissions that augment those provided by Unix ACLs. While Windows clients also understand Unix ACLs, they won't benefit from the extra permissions provided by Active Directory and Windows ACLs when Unix ACLs are used.

NOTE: if you change your mind about the type of ACL, you do not have to recreate the volume. That is, existing data is not lost if the type of ACL is changed. However, if you change from Windows ACLs to Unix ACLs, the extended permissions provided by Windows ACLs will be removed from the existing files.

Status
Not open for further replies.