Partial Sync from Cloud to TrueNAS

schrifti

Cadet
Hi there and thy for your help!

I have near unlimited storage on Cloud (Dropbox and/or OneDrive) and have a lot of data. Since the download from the cloud is too slow I want to have a local copy of some folders, which I know that I will need during the coming week. I therefore want my trueNas to back everything up to the cloud and sync the folders I've selected. Is this possible or do I need to create some funky scripts and execute them with rclone?

Kind regards

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It's not really clear what exactly you need to happen when you say "sync"... one direction is usually simple and fine for using cloud sync tasks.

If you want complex bi-directional/partial sync, you'll need to use rclone with additional arguments and/or some other product to get what you want.

schrifti

Cadet
My idea is to use TrueNAS and back everything up from there to the cloud. Then I would like a page where I can select the folders that should remain on the NAS. This will create sync jobs which will run during the night.

So kind of complex bi-directional/partial sync. What would be a good starting point to implement that? What third party software could be used?

sretalla