Paritions / Shares / Users / IP Adress

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyAlpha

Contributor
First of all I'd like to congratulate FreeNAS for a fantastic pies of software, where do I donate?
I have managed to install FreeNAS and it all appears to be working. Had to set IP Address manually and entered 192.168.1.10 but Free NAS showed 192.168.1.3 on the boot server monitor. How can I check what the Free NAS IP Address is? Is the IP address for the Web GUI the same IP Address as for shares?

I have 1x 40GB and 1 x 80GB but wanted to partitioned the 80 as 2 x 40 so I could test a ZFS RaidZ but when setting up the volume I did not get n option to partition. Do I need to do this with FDisk or is there a tool in Fre NAS. I only got the option to create a ZFS Stripped Volume.

I tried to set up an NFS share and User but cannot access the file system on my Mac. Can't conect to server

Don't really understand what it is I m supposed to be doing with regard to setting up User / Groups / Shares etc I will really be the only user s do I need to set up a user account as if not how do I set up share for access in a mixed Mac / Windows 7 / Apple TV / Android LAN with access over ftp. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.