SOLVED Pages Won't Load after Update

Zain

Contributor
After upgrading to the latest version of SCALE this morning, all of the UI pages sit here and load indefinitely. I tried to reboot the server a couple times, doesn't seem to help. Apps do seem to be running though as I can access plex media via my devices. Though, I cannot access the UI on the server.

Anyone else run into this *issue*? Is it worth reporting via bug tracker?

TIA

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Have you cleared your cache? This is standard procedure after an upgrade.

Zain

Contributor
Have you cleared your cache? This is standard procedure after an upgrade.
Cleared. And now it won't load up at all. Unifi Controller shows the server connected to the network but nothing is loading up. Pings yield responses.

Samuel Tai

Sounds like nginx isn't running. Are you able to access the system console?

Zain

Contributor
Not at the moment, no. Is there something I should do when I can get to it?

Samuel Tai

When at the console, use the option to start a shell. Then try service nginx restart, and see what errors appear.

Zain

Contributor
All up and running again. Thanks!

Zain

Contributor
Actually. I was able to pull up the page on another computer in the network, however I am not able to from my daily driver. Any ideas here? I even tried different browsers...

Edit - I just disabled my 10g wired connection and fired up the WiFi on this computer - now I can connect to the server. Switch off wifi and go back to the wire and I cannot access it anymore. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Samuel Tai

Are you running jumbo frames on your 10G?

Zain

Contributor
Are you running jumbo frames on your 10G?

I am, and the port associated with the IP that I'm trying to connect to on the server is set to 9000 as well. Though it seems that if I have them off on this computer, and leaving it set to 9000 on the server, there's no issue connecting. As soon as I turn them back on on this PC, issues are back. I'm not sure what's going on here.

I just upgraded my network to include a Unifi Dream Machine Pro and a US-16-XG switch. Going full 10g here on the devices that will accept it and can be upgraded to do so. I think I may have a compatibility issue with my fiber transceiver(s) as they are not Ubiquiti. I am going to troubleshoot this some more when the DACs and transceivers come in Friday.

I'll post back when I have everything switched over and see if the problem is still there.

Thanks for the help.

Samuel Tai

Yes, you need to enable jumbo on everything in between your machine and the server, including the Layer 2 VLANs and the Layer 3 routing interfaces.

Zain

Contributor
Yes, you need to enable jumbo on everything in between your machine and the server, including the Layer 2 VLANs and the Layer 3 routing interfaces.

Ahh, I didn't have them turned on in the US-16-XG Switch. Looks like it's all or nothing in that regard - jumbo frames are on or off for all ports of the switch. Since all ports on it are 10g, probably not a bad thing anyways. That seems to have cleared up the comms between this computer and the server.