Owncloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freesnofla

Patron
Hi Guys, I do have a question I'd like to go for owncloud, but I'm bit in doubt how I have to do the mount. I like to have 3 users in the owncloud, do I have to make a drive for each or is it enough when I have one drive called data, and the different users get there own home?

best regards
freenassnofla

norskman

Contributor
You can create private and public areas within owncloud. Its very easy to do that.
You can also say who can read and write in each directory I suggest having a look at the manual - although it is easy to define and configure it

norskman

Contributor
no need - use one volume and create directories.

it seems you are asking a lot of theoretical questions. Either load Owncloud and then it will be obvious or read the manual or both!

Its easy to do what you ask.

Freesnofla

Patron
I read the manual of course and I tried to install the owncloud plugin but when I try to mount then I can't choice the destination data. When I installed Plex I also created a dataset Media and that one I was able to choice without trouble. It's not always that easy that's why I ask.

norskman

Contributor
Essentially you need have owncloud pointed to a directory on the NAS and then mounted within the jail. So it looks local to the jail. Thats why you need the two directories.
The jail and software then takes care of the rest.

So the owncloud storage space looks like it is in its own space when of course it is not.

I can't say why its not mounting, but once you have a directory mounted it will be very obvious from the web gui how the directories and users work.

Freesnofla

Patron
I just made 2 screen shots, maybe you can see what my problem is?
Auswahl_003.png
Auswahl_004.png
Auswahl_003.png Auswahl_004.png

norskman

Contributor
This looks correct.
However, did you use the browse button for the source? so that Freenas fills in the fields?
Try creating a sub-folder in your storage area as a test. /mnt/RAID1/Data/xyz and makesure that this is showing as the source in the source box.
I am not sure after this - it must be something around this area.

Freesnofla

Patron
ya, that fixed my problem so far, but now I got the problem that I can't reach the drive where when I try to call owncloud. Where do I give that access, shouldn't there be any user automatically created?
Auswahl_005.png

norskman

Contributor
look up this error - I had this problem - it is known and reported on - you are almost there now.

Freesnofla

Patron
Well man, is that the solution ?
Commands for Ubuntu and Debian (run as root):
apt-get install apache2 php5 php5-gd php-xml-parser php5-intl
apt-get install php5-sqlite php5-mysql php5-pgsql smbclient curl libcurl3 php5-curl

Freesnofla

Patron
I really didn't get it fixed even I found out that I should go for
Set the Directory Permissions

The owner of your webserver must own the apps/, data/ and config/ directories in your ownCloud install. You can do this by running the following command for the apps, data and config directories.
For debian based distros like Ubuntu, Debian or Linux Mint and Gentoo use:
chown -R www-data:www-data /path/to/your/owncloud/install/data

How do I find the path?

Freesnofla

Patron
Sorry but I can't get that task fixed I have no clue how I can find the www-data. I tried to enter the FressNas Server by using ssh root@ip but what is then the next step I#m really a newbie is anybody out there who can help me with a step by step tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.