Owncloud will not delete files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChannelZer0

Cadet
Hey. I usually add a folder or file to my share that is linked to owncloud and it successfully syncs up to owncloud. I have some files that will not delete from the web GUI but are no longer in the shared folder. I have attached the error logs I get, but I have no clue what the heck is going on. Please advise if you can.

thank you.

Attachments

• owncloud1.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 300
  • owncloud2.txt
    379.5 KB · Views: 292

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
what do you mean by share (CIFS/NFS)? how are you accessing the files other than through the owncloud?
how did you try deleting the files?

ChannelZer0

Cadet
Sorry and thanks for replying. Its a CIFS share. I access the files either through that share or via the GUI. It seems like there are old files that I deleted that the GUI just wont let go off. Then the desktop app that is synching with the CIFS share throws an error saying it cannot sync the phantom deleted files that I can still see in the GUI. If I delete them in the GUI, they go away, but once I refresh the screen they reappear.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry and thanks for replying. Its a CIFS share. I access the files either through that share or via the GUI. It seems like there are old files that I deleted that the GUI just wont let go off. Then the desktop app that is synching with the CIFS share throws an error saying it cannot sync the phantom deleted files that I can still see in the GUI. If I delete them in the GUI, they go away, but once I refresh the screen they reappear.
unless the CIFS share you are accessing is accessed by owncloud as an external mountpoint, you are not doing things properly.

owncloud won't know to reindex files that aren't an "external mount point" because it assumes these are only accessed directly by owncloud. there's is information on this page, please read the docs I link there.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-write-permissions-to-your-data.27273/page-10

ChannelZer0

Cadet
Here is how its setup now. I prob do have something wrong but I know it used to work just fine. I attached a screen shot

Attachments

• owncloud.png
    owncloud.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 408

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Here is how its setup now. I prob do have something wrong but I know it used to work just fine. I attached a screen shot
yeah, that's wrong.you should be mounting that somewhere else like /mnt/files2. then in owncloud install the external mountpoint app, and mount it to your users folder through the admin > mount page

Status
Not open for further replies.