SOLVED OwnCloud Request Entity Too Large

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertymodo

Contributor
I can't seem to get the OwnCloud plugin to work. Any time I try to upload anything, either through the WebGUI or using the Windows desktop client, all I get is Request Entity Too Large. I've searched around and found guides for setting the max file size in php.ini and in the Apache config files, and I've tried setting it as high as 2GB, and I still can't upload any photos (<10MB each). I'm able to upload text files up to a few KB, but that's it. Any ideas? Specs: ASRock C2550D4I with 32GB RAM, 6xWD Red 2TB RAIDZ2.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
strange, I don't use the plugin, but in testing it I can definitely upload several MB large photos. maybe you can up your log level, and paste that to an issue in github?

EDIT
limits should be getting set by the .htaccess file in /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/www/owncloud, defaults to 512MB

Last edited:

qwertymodo

Contributor
Herp derp, I forgot I was running nginx in front of it. Setting client_max_body_size 2048m; in the http block seems to have fixed the problem. Now I should probably reinstall the plugin to undo all of the random changes I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.