OwnCloud Plugin 9.0 - uploading files over 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckyluke699

Dabbler
Hello All,

I'm after a bit of help as an OwnCloud (and FreeNas) newbie. Apologies if this ends up being simple. I have googled a lot but not found an answer that seems to work.

Freenas: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011
OwnCloud: Plugin - 9.0
System: HP N54L / 16GB RAM

Q1 - I installed the V9.0 Owncloud plugin and wish to upload large files (e.g. 10GB). I can upload files up to 4GB just fine, but anything larger than 4GB never completes.

I don't receive any errors. The blue upload bar moves all the way to the right and then nothing further happens.

I set the .htcaccess settings as below:
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value upload_max_filesize 20G
php_value post_max_size 20G

I know that there are guides, to install in a jail with better performance etc, but I'd rather stick with the plugin if this can be resolved easily, as it's so quick and easy to install, combined with the fact that I'm only sharing or receiving the odd (albeit large!) files.

--------------

Q2 - I would like to share out large files (typically 5-6gb) that already exist in another Freenas volume, via anonymous link. I'd like to make sure that no OwnCloud users, or end users sent the link can write to or delete anything.

I am guessing this can be done somehow after adding the storage into the jail. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how?

--------------

Q3- I need to allow users to upload large log files up to 20gb, via me just sharing a link for them to upload to (anonymous upload).

This seems to be available in ES via Files drop. Is there any way I can achieve similar behaviour via any means without buying ES at all?
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0/user_manual/files/file_drop.html

Many thanks in advance if anyone can assist with the above Qs! :)

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I'd try adjusting the php timeouts as mentioned in the 'uploading big files' documentation. if this doesn't work see of the Apache logs or owncloud logs give any insight.
by the way, the docs you link are for OC8.0, I suggest you always use the docs for the version you're using.

i suggest you mount this dataset in your jail somewhere like /mnt/data, then in owncloud install the 'external storage' app and configure a local mountpoint for that directory on your admin settings.

you can just share a link to a folder and make it editable. not sure what the issue with this is?

luckyluke699

Dabbler
The 'uploading big files' documentation mentions 2 lines in the php.ini:
php_value max_input_time 3600
php_value max_execution_time 3600

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0...tion_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

Unfortunately my php.ini (located in: ./usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini) only seems to contain 2 lines:
PHP
apc.enable_cli=1

I do see an error in the log file from the admin page which seems pertinent:
"Upload error: 3 - The uploaded file was only partially uploaded"

Not sure where to look for the apache logs to get more info though?

------------------------

i suggest you mount this dataset in your jail somewhere like /mnt/data, then in owncloud install the 'external storage' app and configure a local mountpoint for that directory on your admin settings.

- Thanks for the tip. I'll give this a go tomorrow

------------------------

you can just share a link to a folder and make it editable. not sure what the issue with this is?

- This certainly seems to do what I wanted. Obviously asked that question too soon! Just need to get the max upload sorted and I should be away.[/PHP]

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
The 'uploading big files' documentation mentions 2 lines in the php.ini:
php_value max_input_time 3600
php_value max_execution_time 3600

https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0...tion_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html

Unfortunately my php.ini (located in: ./usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/etc/php.ini) only seems to contain 2 lines:
PHP
apc.enable_cli=1

I do see an error in the log file from the admin page which seems pertinent:
"Upload error: 3 - The uploaded file was only partially uploaded"

Not sure where to look for the apache logs to get more info though?

------------------------

- Thanks for the tip. I'll give this a go tomorrow

------------------------

- This certainly seems to do what I wanted. Obviously asked that question too soon! Just need to get the max upload sorted and I should be away.[/PHP]

Not sure what's unfortunate? just add those lines to your .htaccess file like the docs say too.
Or if you'd rather add it to your php.ini add the following to it. Just because the php.ini is missing a setting doesn't mean you can't add it yourself.
Code:
max_input_time=3600
max_execution_time=3600

luckyluke699

Dabbler
Can confirm that's working now - thanks. Uploaded a 13GB File ok by adding to .htaccess file.

Such an easy fix. Thanks again! :)

EDIT: Just for anyone reading this - I added to the .htaccess file only. Left php alone.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Can confirm that's working now - thanks. Uploaded a 13GB File ok by adding to .htaccess file.

Such an easy fix. Thanks again! :)
welcome =]

Status
Not open for further replies.