OpenVPN Multiple Clients

Hello, I'm working with TrueNAS-13.0-U1 and I'm trying to set up an OpenVPN connection for multiple clients from different locations. I have successfully configured the server to work with one remote client but as soon as I try to connect a second client I get stuck.

Initially, I was handing out identical certificates to every client and figured out that was a bad idea. Now I created two certificates with different "Common Names" which from my research should flag the server to set up two connections. I have watched countless videos and read posts trying to solve this but cannot figure out what is going wrong. The second client connects fine and I've checked the VPN log and it gets a good connection, but beyond that it cannot ping the server after the initial connection.

Below are screenshots of how I configured my certificates (replacing personal info). For the server config say my router hands out IPs on 192.160.0.1, I have the server on something completely different like 192.170.0.2 I also have the port forwarded to my NAS IP address on my router.

Attachments

• CA.png
    CA.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Client1Certificate.png
    Client1Certificate.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 124
  • Client2Certificate.png
    Client2Certificate.png
    72.5 KB · Views: 115
  • OpenVPNServer.png
    OpenVPNServer.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 112
  • ServerCertificate.png
    ServerCertificate.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 119

Whattteva

Wizard
Below are screenshots of how I configured my certificates (replacing personal info). For the server config say my router hands out IPs on 192.160.0.1, I have the server on something completely different like 192.170.0.2 I also have the port forwarded to my NAS IP address on my router.
Neither 192.160.x.x nor 192.170.x.x is a proper RFC1918 subnet. Those are actually Internet routable IP address space. Don't use them. Whichever videos/posts/guides are telling you to use them.... are terribad lol.

Use 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x instead.

Last edited:
Neither 192.160.x.x nor 192.170.x.x is a proper RFC1918 subnet. Those are actually Internet routable IP address space. Don't use them. Whichever videos/posts/guides are telling you to use them.... are terribad lol.

Use 192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x instead.
Ok yeah I don’t know enough I just made up numbers for the post. I tried both 192.168.x.x and 10.20.x.x. When I looked at the vpn log on the client it was handing out two different IPs and I verified on my router it wasn’t stepping on another device.

profwalken

Patron
Hi
i got nearly same problem, once first OVPN session is opened , there's no way for others users to stay connected more than 5 sec and it loops.
Did you got a fix to use with more than one user?