Only need to login in once on my network drive in windows, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel85

Cadet
Hi everyone i know this might not be a problem with freenas, but i have 3 tb drives in my freenas server, 2 are open to guest access and the other i would like to keep private, now i have done this with permissions, but once i login into the drive, it don''t ask me for a password and username again until i reboot my computer? is there anyway of actually asking me to login every time i exit the folder? as my computers are always on and family and friends use them, and i don't want them gaining access to my files, but then i don't want to log off every time then login again just so the folders secure, hope this makes sense, also don't want to create users in windows as i like my laptop open thus building a server to keep my private stuff safe.

thank you

gpsguy

Just log off - after a while it'll become habit. At work, I lock my computer whenever I leave the confines of my office.

Create an account on your computer for your family and guests. My guess is that you probably have stuff on your computer that you don't want them to access either.

daniel85

Cadet
Just log off - after a while it'll become habit. At work, I lock my computer whenever I leave the confines of my office.

Create an account on your computer for your family and guests. My guess is that you probably have stuff on your computer that you don't want them to access either.

i know but i really hate logging out of comp and stuff, thats why setting up the server as to login in to the drive when needed is alot easier, bit weird really as i have been at work and i know they require a login every time you try and access the folder, oh well anyone know is windows home server is different? or isnt it freenas and its just my computers if that makes sense? unfortunately most of my knowledge is hardware based, and general software. so there is defiantly no way of setting this up, as i know you can map drive and save credentials but i want the opposite, can you not password protect the network drive as well.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
As far as I know all of the OSes I've used (Linux, Windows, FreeBSD) behave the same. Once you authenicate with a share or server you are authenicated until you logout or reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.