One of five iSCSI drives is unexpectedly unformatted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grenik

Dabbler
I have an iSCSI drive that has been working for a couple years and has data on it. It was assigned a drive letter in Win 7 and when I rebooted my Windows machine yesterday and tried to access it, I get a message that I need to format the disk. I did not notice the status before rebooting, but I had not accessed the drive for a few days. The drive letter is in Windows Explorer, but the volume label is not. It was working recently.

Here is what I can tell:
  • All the other iSCSI drives that I have set up are working properly and I can read and write data to them. No obvious issues.
  • In Windows: iSCSI Initiator shows the discovered target and reports the status as connected. I have disconnected and reconnected the target and it does not help. The Volume and Devices tab shows the drive letter
  • In Windows: Disk Manager shows the disk and the correct size. It is online, healthy, but shown as "RAW". I forced it off line and back on line. No help. The table at the top shows the drive as 100% free.
  • In FreeNAS: I have a "green light" in the upper right when I connect through my browser. I am running FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64 (80c1d35). I upgraded to this awhile ago and have not done anything recently in FreeNas. Scrubs are run monthly. Some data was repaired on the last scrub, but all disks are on line without errors.
  • In FreeNAS: The targets, extents, etc. are all in place and nothing looks amiss. In the "View Volumes" section the volume associated with that iSCSI shows 40% full.
  • I have rebooted both the FreeNAS and Windows machines several times. I have stopped and restarted iSCSI in the "Services" section.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If some data is repaired on the last scrub, you should investigate that. You shouldn't be needing to repair anything unless you are doing things you aren't supposed to, have a hardware problem or software is misconfigured/not compatible.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Can you post a debug file on your server? System -> Advanced -> Save Debug.

Grenik

Dabbler
Nothing happens when I select the Save Debug button. From investigating on Google, I think it may be trying to send it to my email, but I have never been able to get my email set up properly. I have included the dump.txt file in the /var/tmp/fndebug/iSCSI path. If there is something else that I should send, please let me knoe. I appreciate the assistance.

Code:
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+                        /usr/local/etc/istgt/istgt.conf                         +
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
[Global]
  NodeBase "Freenas"
  PidFile "/var/run/istgt.pid"
  AuthFile "/usr/local/etc/istgt/auth.conf"
  MediaDirectory /mnt
  Timeout 30
  NopInInterval 20
  MaxR2T 32
  DiscoveryAuthMethod None
  MaxSessions 16
  MaxConnections 8
  FirstBurstLength 65536