on board SATA ports run by 2 chips, can freenas recognize them w/o install drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodoo

Cadet
Hi all, I found a mobo with 8 on board SATA ports:
ASRock A75 extreme6: 8 SATA 6.0 ports, 6 run by A75 and 2 run by ASMedia ASM1061 on-board controller.

My question is are these 8 on-board ports worked straight out of the box with 8 new drives? Can freenas recognize the HDDs connected to all 8 on-board ports and no need to install chipset drivers manually? I have checked ASRock website, only windows drivers available, no linux/freebsd/mac drivers.

I'm worried that freenas 8.01 doesn't support A75 chipset, and doesn't support the very unknown ASMedia ASM1061 chipset. Or as they're on-board ports, no problem at all definitely?

PS: I'm open to any plan, any other mother boards with at least 8 ports, please feel free to recommend. Several Z68 boards have 8-10 onboard ports but the price is 150% as asrock a75 extreme6. :(

voodoo

Cadet
after seaching for several days, ASRock A75 extreme6 is the only CHEAP mobo with 8 on board SATA 6.0 ports. I prefer the CHEAP boards for i3-2100T, but no one with 8 SATA on board ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.