offending key ssh remote replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oko

Contributor
I just did a major upgrade on one replication servers. Now the remote replications are failing on one of my FreeNAS boxes 9.2.1.9 due to the offending ssh host key or the target machine. Could a kind soul tell me where the keys are stored on FreeNAS push machine? Obviously I checked /root/.ssh/known_hosts but this is not where the GUI is storing host keys. I looked at /data but I don't see antyhing

Last edited:

Oko

Contributor
On FreeNAS 9.2.1.9 The offending keys are stored in /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts I mounted / read write and entered the correct keys. However once replication started the file is updated apparently from a data base with incorrect keys. I can enter the keys on the GUI but the problem is that the GUI inserts line brakes. I thought this was fixed around the time 9.2.1.6 when I submitted the bug report but apparently the fix consisted of adding a button which will query the server key for the new replication task. The query is adding also extra new line. I forgot how I did this few years ago. I just edited files manually and changed permission to the read only. I will see if I am going to get those nasty warnings again. In reality replication does succeed in-spite of new lines inside ssh_known_host fingerprints but it gives a slue of false positive warnings. Somebody with better knowledge of FreeNAS internals perhaps could tell me which script is responsible for updating the file from the GUI info.

Status
Not open for further replies.