Odd gaps in Reporting graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Baumeister

Dabbler
Hi, I'm getting some really weird gaps in my Reporting graphs. I guess a picture is worth 1000 words, that's why I have attached a screen shot.

These gaps are consistent across other graphs such as Disk I/O or Network traffic.

Is it "just" the reporting daemon crashing or is this something I should look into? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-03-04 12.18.21.png
    Screenshot 2014-03-04 12.18.21.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 289

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That's common on a server that is very busy. If the server is too busy the data collection service has problems and just aborts. This was discussed in raunchy details in the last 2-3 months and a bunch of people complained about it.

Edit: And to answer your question since I didn't.. it's nothing to worry about unless you don't have the minimum system requirements for FreeNAS.

Hans Baumeister

Dabbler
That's common on a server that is very busy. If the server is too busy the data collection service has problems and just aborts. This was discussed in raunchy details in the last 2-3 months and a bunch of people complained about it.

Edit: And to answer your question since I didn't.. it's nothing to worry about unless you don't have the minimum system requirements for FreeNAS.

Thanks cyberjock - I'll just ignore it. The system has 16GB RAM and a speedy CPU, so everything should - I hope - be ok.
Love your noob-slideshow, by the way, it really helped me set up the system! Thank you!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Your CPU isn't a speedy CPU... ;)

Glad my presentation helped.

andyclimb

Contributor
Interestingly I got these gaps for what I thought was the first time when I was deleting a lot of snapshots. My system is pretty beefy... and even during snapshot deletion my CPU usage was not very high at all. However, I think the GUI was... as I was deleting about 1000 snapshots at a time. Only a few (5) were of any significant size more than 1gb.

interestingly now a whole bunch of the reporting graphs do not show.

Does anyone know how to reset that aspect of the reporting (except from doing a reboot). I think seeing as freenas is designed for a production environment... rebooting should not be the solution to a small GUI error. So far I have tried service nginx restart, which did not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.