NZBGet 12 can't find libpar2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulo

Dabbler
I'm using the pbi from pcbsd http://ftp.pcbsd.org/pub/pbioutgoing/amd64/9/news/nzbget/ and I'm getting an error when trying to start:
Starting nzbget.
Shared object "libpar2.so.1" not found, required by "nzbget"
libpar2.so.1 is located in: /usr/pbi/nzbget-amd64/lib/libpar2.so.1
NZBGet 11 from the same location and installed the same manner worked fine. I'm not really sure what to change to get this to work properly.

Paulo

Dabbler
Ok, I got it working (although not ideal solution) by linking to the /usr/local/lib/libpar2.so.0 in the same directory (creating /usr/local/lib/libpar2.so.1) and confirmed it was accessing this new linked properly by doing ldd on the nzbget bin. I don't feel this is the right solution, or maybe I need to change something to do with the install.

Also running into an issue where it cant see python in post processing scripts defined with #!/usr/local/bin python saying env: python not found... I'm at a loss...

D

dlavigne

Interesting. It is possible that there is a bug in the 9.x version of the PBI which could be reported at trac.pcbsd.org (though the focus for PC-BSD PBIs is now on the 10.x series).

Have you thought of installing the pkg/port instead? It would be interesting to see if that resolves the error or if it continues (in which case, the issue is with the underlying port).

Paulo

Dabbler
Tried the pkg (after struggling to get the jail to install the latest version of the pkg util and point to the newer repo) and it had the same python issues. Forgot to check the libpar2 error.

Status
Not open for further replies.