NTFS volume for plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samip537

Cadet
Hello everybody,

Is it possible to use NTFS volume for plugins if yes how?

D

dlavigne

What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Plugins are installed into a jail which is basically a FreeBSD system (not NTFS).

samip537

Cadet
What is it that you are trying to accomplish? Plugins are installed into a jail which is basically a FreeBSD system (not NTFS).

So i'm trying to get the paths to NTFS formatted volume. (Where the jail files will be located.)

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
cuz i dont want to FORMAT my Windows Partition! (It has windows installed in it.)

You have windows installed on it?

How do you propose to use windows and freenas at the same time?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

samip537

Cadet
You have windows installed on it?

How do you propose to use windows and freenas at the same time?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Firstly it is NOT your problem if i have Windows Installed on it.
Secendly i just want to use NTFS partiton to save the stuff to so is it possible or NOT?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Firstly it is NOT your problem if i have Windows Installed on it.
Secendly i just want to use NTFS partiton to save the stuff to so is it possible or NOT?

That's pretty rude, mate.

First of all, I never indicated that it was MY problem. I was wondering how you think you are going to run Windows AND FreeNAS at the same time...I mean if you have Windows installed on the damn drive, how do you expect FreeNAS to use the drive also? Get over the tough guy thing and explain your configuration and what you want your end goal to be....

Secondly, I dont think its doable.

samip537

Cadet
That's pretty rude, mate.

First of all, I never indicated that it was MY problem. I was wondering how you think you are going to run Windows AND FreeNAS at the same time...I mean if you have Windows installed on the damn drive, how do you expect FreeNAS to use the drive also? Get over the tough guy thing and explain your configuration and what you want your end goal to be....

Secondly, I dont think its doable.

Oh sorry, my bad. I understanded you wrongly and i'm sorry about that.
So i was planning on using the Windows drive as media storage too, but it ended up badly. I noticed that it is hard and/or not possbile so i gived up on that and i'm now formatted the drive and it works fine now.

About my system configuration:

My FreeNas is installed on seprate drive which has 160Gb (about 150Gb of emty space on that unlocated partition of the drive) of storage, but FreeNAS cannot use it on the same drive so i tryed to mount the main Windows drive to it and it did mount, but i did have no access with anything else than Shares to it.

I did NOT like the idea of formatting the main drive, cuz i wanted to be able to host game server too on same computer, but cant do that.

NOW:

I have formatted the main drive and it works pretty good now.

btw My native language is not English, so I understood you wrongly.

P.S I know that i was rude to you, but i didint understand you correctly so sorry... :)

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
No worries. It is always easier to help someone when they lay out their configuration and what it is they need to accomplish. You had me confused by saying you wanted to use a drive that had Windows installed on it, since you cant run both systems at the same time from the same drive (Virtual Machine expert configs aside).

We have seen numerous people completely trash their systems because they were trying to do something that was not within the scope of FreeNAS's realm. By openly discussing your setup and end goal, it is better to see why something shouldnt be done a certain way.

warri

Guru
My FreeNas is installed on seprate drive which has 160Gb (about 150Gb of emty space on that unlocated partition of the drive) of storage, but FreeNAS cannot use it [..]

That's because FreeNAS is designed to be run from USB Stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.