NT4 + FreeNAS (9.2.1) = Directory Service Not Working After Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

reason

Dabbler
I initially installed FreeNAS 9.2.0 which was working fine for NT4 Authentication.

But I was having a problem with ZFS and Zraid crashes. So I incrementally upgraded my Frenass to v 9.2.1.5. The crashes stopped but as I upgraded past 9.2.0, NT4 and Directory Services would not automatically work after a reboot.

As a quick fix, I have to change the Authentication type from Nt4 to Active Directory, stop directory services, change authentication back to Nt4, turn Directory Services back on and everything starts to work again.

My question is, why does nt4 and directory services not automatically connect to the domain after a reboot?

Why does it require me to physically start and stop the services in order to work?

D

dlavigne

Good question. If you don't see anything similar at bugs.freenas.org, please create a new issue and post the issue number here.

reason

Dabbler
Thanks for the recommend.

I did a search on the bugs site for Nt4 and found a thread here: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/3214

It states to add cifs auxiliary parameters of security = domain and password server = IP of Server.

I am in fact running ClearOS (same as one of the users in the thread).

However, that did not work and I am receiving an error of domain_client_validate: Domain password server not available (even if adding the the aux params to cifs).

I will add this to the bug report.

Status
Not open for further replies.