No write permissions for new jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneHungryPoboy

Dabbler
New user running v9.3 stable. I am trying to set up my CIFS share and jails and have found that when I create a new jail my 'Admin' user does not have write permissions to the jail directories. According to this guide I should have permissions to the jails by default.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/how-to-install-minecraft-server-in-a-jail.18246/

The 'Admin' user has been created with the same name and windows password as the PC that I want to have full access. Its primary group is Admins and it is also part of the wheel group. I have full access to the main folders in the CIFS share.

I notice that new jails have Unix permissions and owners of root/wheel, but the group does not have write permissions.

I can change permissions after it is created, but the above guide indicates I should have permissions from the start, it also seems to indicates that manually changing the permissions causes issues.

Does this seem like a user setup issue or a share issue or something else?

Thanks,

OneHungryPoboy

Dabbler
I was not able to figure this out yet. I think my main issue is that all of the guides and tutorials are for older versions, which is to be expected when dealing with a fresh release. Some guides mention an "Admins" field where you can list admin user names for the share, this does not appear to be in 9.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.