SOLVED No cursor in Win10 anymore

CheeryFlame

Contributor
Maybe unrelated but since I installed Cobia my Windows 10 ltsc VM doesn't have a cursor anymore.

Spice logs
FIXME: No support for cursor type 1

cursor: Unknown message type 103!
Anyone figure it out?

EDIT: Pressing Shift + F5 refresh will bring back the cursor but everything there's a new dialog window the cursor disappears.

EDIT2: I installed Parsec on the vm and made it so it startup every time I boot the vm, much better than Spice. I believe Spice is great for an initial setup but using a VM in browser is no fun.

Last edited:

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Why not use RDP?

sfatula

Guru
EDIT2: I installed Parsec on the vm and made it so it startup every time I boot the vm, much better than Spice. I believe Spice is great for an initial setup but using a VM in browser is no fun.
There are Spice clients just like VNC clients. So, you don't have to use a browser. And it's better than RDP as you can see boot screens, errors, boot into another boot disk like clonezilla or whatever, etc.

CheeryFlame

Contributor
There are Spice clients just like VNC clients. So, you don't have to use a browser. And it's better than RDP as you can see boot screens, errors, boot into another boot disk like clonezilla or whatever, etc.
Good to know. Although if I ever need this I'll add my monitor again on the VM and see the boot screen from there.

The reason I use Parsec is that I'm used to it and I'm already using it on 3 computers.