NIC for Windows 8 (LAG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris230291

Patron
Hello. Can anyone recommend a decent dual port NIC that supports link aggregation in the CLIENT version of Windows 8.1?

I was looking at this one, will it support it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-I...7?pt=UK_Computing_Servers&hash=item233907976b

I was already planning on using one for my server, but Microsoft does not include OS side support for LAG in their client versions of Windows, so I have to rely on drivers.

Any input is appreciated

Cheers,
Chris.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
While this is not the right place for your question, any Intel controller should work, after you install Intel's drivers.

Chris230291

Patron
Thanks for the reply and sorry if it's in the wrong section. "Networking" seemed like my best bet.
It should or will? It kind of matters. Having said that I could just buy the one, test it in my Windows rig, and then if it works buy another for the server. I'd rather just buy 2 at the same time though.
Can anyone confirm that it will work?

Cheers,
Chris.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Thanks for the reply and sorry if it's in the wrong section. "Networking" seemed like my best bet.
It should or will? It kind of matters. Having said that I could just buy the one, test it in my Windows rig, and then if it works buy another for the server. I'd rather just buy 2 at the same time though.
Can anyone confirm that it will work?

Cheers,
Chris.
What I meant was that the FreeNAS forums aren't the best place for a Windows question.

If in doubt, I suggest you google around. I can't guarantee anything because I've never tried it, but Intel's drivers have support for pretty much everything, including link aggregation.

Status
Not open for further replies.