NFS Sharing stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravisT

Patron
Just recently, it seems that my NFS sharing has stopped working. It was working with no problems for quite some time, and just the other day I upgraded to 11.0-U4 from 11.0-U3 and after the upgrade NFS shares on both of my Macs stopped working. I troubleshot a little bit, but couldn't get anything to change. I reverted back to 11.0-U3 in hopes of there being a bug in the new version, but now 11.0-U3 isn't working now either. Any idea of what could be wrong or what I should check?

D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages? Also, what specific errors do clients receive when they try to mount or access the share?

TravisT

Patron
There's plenty in my logs, but nothing that looks too out of the ordinary to me. The one thing I have noticed recently that I don't believe was there before is this:

Code:
 sannas kernel: NLM: failed to contact remote rpcbind, stat = 5, port = 28416

The only thing I could find on this was something about Kerberos.

I have also seen this for a long time in the logs:

Code:
 Oct  6 01:22:20 sannas kernel: arp: 172.16.110.112 moved from 02:ff:20:00:05:0a to d0:50:99:c0:e9:63 on epair0b

This is strange because 172.16.110.112 is my freenas server.

And the other one that has started recently:

Code:
 Oct  6 13:56:13 sannas collectd[3164]: aggregation plugin: Unable to read the current rate of "sannas.local.domain.com/cpu-1/cpu-system"

Not sure this is related to my current problem, but not sure what this means either.

As for the client, it just hangs and nothing will ever mount via NFS. SMB works fine, and I'm almost wondering if I should go back to that. I originally started using NFS because my throughput was much higher. I'm not looking for someone to figure this out for me, but I've exhausted my knowledge of this and I'm not sure where to go from here. I've attached the full log file.

Attachments

• Freenas Logs.txt
    45.7 KB · Views: 385

JibbaJabba

Dabbler
read somewhere there is a similar or same bug to this.
try this...turn off your nfs service.reboot server....then once freenas is loaded...turn on nfs. apparently its important to turn off nfs prior to rebooting your server.
also do the same on the client machine.

TravisT

Patron
Interesting, I’ll give this a try. In the mean time, I have reverted to smb shares. When was this bug found? It’s strange because it didn’t happen until upgrading, but downgrading didn’t fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JibbaJabba

Dabbler
funny you saythat, thats exactly what the other guy mentioned. trying to find the link but just cleared my search history. iv been stuck on trying to connect 2 freenas machines(mount folders) but cant getting it working lol. clearing the cache allows me to backtrack incase i mised things

TravisT

Patron
I tried this technique, but it didn't work. I had the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.