NFS Share not mounting after FreeNAS reboot.

Tarkhubal

Cadet
Hi everyone,

Excuse my poor English (not my native language), but I have an issue with my NFS Share after a reboot of FreeNAS. Everything was working fine before that reboot and I struggle to find what I did wrong.

I have two virtual machine on debian with this problem after the reboot (A seedbox and a game server). I will take the seedbox VM as an example. So I have this seedbox on a VM running debian and to make it easy for me to browse the file (like when I need the raspbian image I have on it) both the VM and my desktop and laptop have access to the same share on my storage pool. I access this share with Samba from my desktop (Win10) and my laptop (Ubuntu) and the virtual machine access it by using the NFS protocol (because I had issue and crash when I used samba with the virtual machine).

Everything was working as intended, I could upload torrent on the seedbox and retrieve the file with my desktop and I was able to upload file with my desktop to the pool and create a torrent with the seedbox if needed.

But right after the reboot, the NFS share wouldn't mount (the samba share work fine). I try to do a "mount -a" to see if it can help and after a while I simply have the message :
mount.nfs: Connection timed out

Everything is on the FreeNAS, the pool, the share and the virtual machine. I can ping both way between Freenas and the VM.

my /etc/fstab have :

192.168.1.2:/mnt/pool_HDD/ServerFile/seedbox /home/cavetan nfs rw,async,hard,intr,noexec 0 0
(obviously 192.168.1.2 is the ip of the Freenas).

The only other thing who changed (beside rebooting) is changing my ISP (and the router of course), I don't know if it matter?

I searched a while on internet and couldn't thing a solution who work for my case, so that's why I post here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which version of FreeNAS? What OS is running in the VM? Is the portmapper software installed within the VM?