NFS Permissions Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickGEGN

Cadet
I am getting permissions issues when trying to write to my NFS shares. First off, what I am trying to accomplish is to map a user (mapall user as Nick), but not have that user own the directory itself, but rather be part of a group that has rwx access to the shares.

For example, I have a share called Music and I created a group called Media. The share itself is owned by root and the group is media (-rwxrwxr-x root media). I have made Nick a part of the media group and from a command line I can write to that share just fine as that user. However, when I mount that share from my Ubuntu desktop I am unable to write to the share, so it seems to be taking the permissions set of the "other" users and not recognizing that my user Nick is a part of the media group.

Inside the FreeNas gui I have tried multiple configurations with no luck. I have tried (mapall users Nick - mapall group media), I have also tried leaving the group blank (mapall users Nick - mapall group N/A). I noticed as a test if I change the owner of the folder itself to my user "Nick" then I can mount and write files just fine. However, it would allow me alot more flexibility to configure a few main groups and map my shares as users that are a part of the given groups. Is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.