NFS mount becomes read-only after upgrade

vamfoom

Dabbler
Yesterday I upgraded to FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2. Now, my NFS mount (from ubuntu buster) is read-only. Ubuntu reporting that it is mounted read-write:

nfs4 (rw,relatime,vers=4.1

If freenas is rebooted, then it becomes read-write again but only for a short while then it returns to read-only.

I tried NFS v3 as well but it's the same result.

What can be wrong?

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
The mount is rw, but it appears NFS locking has prevented writing. You’ll have to experiment with various locking mount options to see what works the best.

vamfoom

Dabbler
What I don't get is why it mounts 'rw' right after a reboot of freenas. It only goes to 'ro' shortly after. It has been working fine with the same settings for the longest time. It only became a problem after the upgrade to 11.3 (was on 11.2).

Samuel Tai

Samuel Tai

Also make sure the server's iptables aren't blocking the ports for rpc.statd and rpc.lockd.

vamfoom

Dabbler
The server here is freenas. This is in my exports file on freenas server:

/mnt/fongpool1/data4 -maproot="myuser":"myuser" 192.168.1.5 192.168.1.26 192.168.1

There's nothing in the logs to indicate a problem. Like I said, it works shortly after reboot.

vamfoom

Dabbler
For anyone who may be reading this in the future, my issue was that the NFSv4 domain wasn't matching freenas. I had to change the /etc/idmapd.conf by adding

Domain = local

After this, everything mapped correctly.