Nextcloud php ftp error message when mounting external storage

barcode

Cadet
Hello Forums,

as I new user of FreeNAS, Nextcloud and Linux, I ran into a problem when trying to share storage between FreeNAS and Nextcloud (plugin) that I need help with.

After trying to setup the external storage (local) and point it to where it needs to be, I get the following error message:

The FTP support in PHP is not enabled or installed. Mounting of "FTP" is not possible. Please ask your system administrator to install it.
"smbclient" is not installed. Mounting of "SMB / CIFS", "SMB / CIFS using OC login" is not possible. Please ask your system administrator to install it.

Doing some research into it, I found that in the php.ini the value for allow_url_fopen must be set to 1 or On, which it is, but from my reading it also appears that the package php71-ftp needs to be installed, which it isn't and using pkg, I can't seem to find. When going to another FreeNAS jail of just FreeBSD, pkg can find it, just not in the Nextcloud jail, which is where I'm assuming it's being needed.

Now, the question is how do I get it there? And how do I install it correctly, if this actually is what I need to do.

I tried to install external storage of another folder via SFTP to see if that worked, and it did right away, so what am I doing wrong? Could/should I just use the SFTP-version, are there any differences in file-handling/speed/bandwidth use?

And what about the second error, I haven't even gotten google it as the first part is keeping me proper busy...

Thank you for your help.

barcode

Cadet
PS: Intestingly, when I navigate to the folder I mounted it to under Nextcloud via SSH, it shows the mounted files, so that part did actually work as intended.

barcode

Cadet
What are you trying to accomplish?
I'm trying to use the external storage (FreeNAS) to share images, music, videos on nextcloud, without duplicate files, so it can be accessed via nextcloud or a local PC's (network drive).

barcode

Cadet
PPS: checking whether allow_url_fopen with phpinfo() resulted in...

allow_url_fopen​
On
allow_url_include​
On

...so there is no override by another .ini somewhere.