NextCloud not showing free space for external storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnilgreb

Contributor
I have NextCloud 12.0.5 running inside a standard jail on FreeNAS 9.10.2-U6.
The intention is to only use external storage I´ve added. And that is tha shares on my FreeNAS, added via SMB.
Therefore, I´ve set the quota inside of NextCloud to 1kb (for testing purposes. May increase to a few MB in the end).
So, the bar in the lower left corner tells me I´m using 0b out of the total of 1kb. Fine.

But as I´ve added my SMB shares as external, I´d like NC to take that used and free space into that calculation.
So, I´ve added this into /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/config/config.php:
Code:
'quota_include_external_storage' => true,

Now I get used space from the external storage, but total space till says 1kb:
index.php

That says 4.4 TB used out of the total of 1kb. I have about 9TB free space on my FreeNAS, and would like that reflected here.
Does anybody know how to accomplish this?

Attachments

• NCQ.PNG
    NCQ.PNG
    1.1 KB · Views: 914
Last edited:

dnilgreb

Contributor
Second question:
Is it possible to make Nextcloud ignore symbolic links? The problem I´m having with those is that they are also part of the storage calculation.
Let´s say that I have two shares on my FreeNAS, added as external storages in NextCloud:

/mnt/volume/{USERNAME} which is my personal share, taking up 50 GB
/mnt/volume/media which is holding all media, taking up 4 TB

I then have the symbolic link /mnt/volume/{USERNAME}/media which links to /mnt/volume/media.
Then, according to NextCloud, I have over 8 TB of data in total. And that´s just not true.

I disabled support for symbolic links in my VirtualHost by adding this line:
Code:
Options -FollowSymLinks

But then NextCloud became inaccessible, could no longer open index.php

Does anyone have a solution to all this?

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, does updating to the latest release resolve it?

dnilgreb

Contributor
No resolution as of yet. What I´ve done is remove the symbolic links I had, and put them in another place. I don´t need to use them in NextCloud anyway. The only way to disable writing to the NextCloud folder, as far as I know, is setting the quota low. So I have that at 1kb, and the quota bar shows only that.
As for the version question, I think I have the latest version of NextCloud installed (12.0.5). If you mean FreeNAS 11, I haven´t upgraded so I don´t have an answer to that. If anyone knows how to resolve this, please let me/us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.