Nextcloud Installation Config.php

Maxter

Cadet
Hello,
Recently installed Nextcloud Version 23.0.0 on a new Truenas Mini 3.0 X+, running TrueNas 12.0 U7. I'm asking for help to determine how I can access the Config.php file to add the I.P. address of the Nextcloud server to the list of Trusted Domains. I've tried one of the methods identifed in the following community post:

I enabled the SSH service and entered the following text in the Shell CLI:
/mnt/"Our Big Pool"/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/
Received the error message: "no such file or directory...etc"

So I'm looking for help to determine where the Nextcloud Config.php file is located in TrueNas 12 U7 and also seeking advice on how to access and modify it using the Shell CLI and ee editor.
Thanks

Attachments

• Error Message.jpg
    Error Message.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,283

Maxter

Cadet
I used the "find" command in the Shell CLI and got the location of config.php. The file location is as stated in the community post. CLI entries are case sensitive, good learning. Can anyone advise how to see the contents of the config.php file and how to edit the file contents?

victort

Guru
Hello,
Recently installed Nextcloud Version 23.0.0 on a new Truenas Mini 3.0 X+, running TrueNas 12.0 U7. I'm asking for help to determine how I can access the Config.php file to add the I.P. address of the Nextcloud server to the list of Trusted Domains. I've tried one of the methods identifed in the following community post:

I enabled the SSH service and entered the following text in the Shell CLI:
/mnt/"Our Big Pool"/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root/usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/
Received the error message: "no such file or directory...etc"

So I'm looking for help to determine where the Nextcloud Config.php file is located in TrueNas 12 U7 and also seeking advice on how to access and modify it using the Shell CLI and ee editor.
Thanks
Like this, assuming you installed through the plug-in page…

Go to jail, and find your nextcloud jails. Once there, open the shell.
From the shell type this

cd /usr/local/www/nextcloud/config

Then hit enter

Then type

edit config.php

This will take you to a very simple file editor. Scroll down with the arrow keys to find where it says trusted_domains and add the ip or domain you want to be able to access it from. Makes sure to include all the commas and what not like the other ip that will already be there.

Maxter

Cadet
Hello Victo1597,
Gave it try and got the following response "no such file or directory"
1643579412348.png

victort

Guru
Hello Victo1597,
Gave it try and got the following response "no such file or directory"
You need to be in the Nextcloud shell, not TrueNAS shell.

Go into the nextcloud jail and open the shell there, and try again.