new with freenas and with many problems

Astro1234

Dabbler
Hello good mornig for everyone

I am new with the whole issue related to freenas, it is a project that I began to value because the hard disk I used as backup was burned and I lost all the data.

This is the configuration I have of PC
- Intel Core i5 - 2500 K Quad-Core Processor 3.3 GHz, 6 MB cache, LGA 1155
- ASUS P8P67 Pro <Rev 3.0> LGA 1155 and USB 3.0 SATA 6 Gbps supported Intel P67 DDR3 2400
- Corsair TX850W Power Supply
- Corsair XMS3 6 GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)
- 4 Western Digital WD SATA III IntelliPower 64 MB cache
- 1 Kingstom 128 Gb SDD (SO)

I achieved the installation, configuration of RAID, User and group and everything necessary for the system to serve as a NAS for storage.

Now comes the question this configuration is fine to make a service of:
Storage
Multimedia with PLEX (Playback movie in MKV 1080p)
Download Server

Attachments

• datos maquina.png
    datos maquina.png
    220.4 KB · Views: 231

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
At 6GB of memory, you're lucky FreeNAS even let you install. You are below the stated minimum RAM requirement (8GB).

You should not expect to run applications like plex with that little memory and you can expect your file sharing/storage performance to be relatively poor due to the lack of space for ARC (file cache in memory).

If you upgrade to at least 8GB, but preferably 16GB if you want to run Plex and the other functions well, then you may see reasonable performance from that system.

Astro1234

Dabbler
hello yes i know

I just bought 32 Gbs of DDR3 RAM which is what the card supports, I am waiting for it to arrive tomorrow.

Increasing the RAM for what I need to do is enough.

Astro1234

Dabbler
and another question will be about the lack of RAM that with some movies the PC restarts when I see some movies but I don't understand why it does it with some movies and with others not

sretalla