pelle_8

Cadet
Hello!

Im Pelle from Sweden. Stockholm.
I have a PC,
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
CPU: INTEL i5 8600
RAM:16GB
Internal Network card on motherboard. And also wireless card.

I have done the installation and created a static IP adress. Much thanks to good youtube movies.
I recieve below screen.
Configure-IPaddress-on-FreeNAS.png

But now when I try to connect to my FreeNAS it do not show up in the network and the Static IP 192.168.1.24 cant be accessed.'
I have tried remove Firewall but no succes. I CANT Ping the adress either!

What im I doing wrong! Its driving me nuts! (This AND the Corona outbreak)
Well, I hope you get a nice and Corona-free day!!!!

Thanks for reply!
BR
Pär

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Because your address is 192.168.1.10 not .24

pelle_8

Cadet
thank you for your reply. But! Thats image is not from my computer. It was just to show where I am in the process. Sorry for being a bit unclear.

pelle_8

Cadet
Hello! I must state that the picture in first post is NOT from my computer just a picture to show where I am in the process.
Thanks!

hervon

Patron
Uh? What is the ip on the REAL page on your computer (not the fake one you posted) ?

pelle_8

Cadet
Hello! The static iP adress is 192.168.1.24.The installation of FreenAs is done. But I cant access the web logon. Not even Ping the static IP 192.168.1.24.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What is the ip range of your network? What netmask did you use? Does DHCP work?

pelle_8

Cadet
Thank you for replaying! Im a total newbie - so I need to look your questions up. I will respond back with answer.

hervon

Patron
Take a picture of the REAL page same as above.

pelle_8

Cadet
Hello! Thank you very much for your reply. Im a total newbie but I have learned a lot today.

When I was getting a Static IP-adress a just choosed one randomly like the exampel the installer gives you. But i now realised i Had to choose one from the Gateway adress.

I created this adress: 192.168.1.24. BUT The gateway adress is 192.168.10.1............SO when I changed the static adress to 192.168.10.24 it finally worked.........NOW im in!!! Hurray! :)

Have a great day AND stay SAFE!!!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hello! Thank you very much for your reply. Im a total newbie but I have learned a lot today.

When I was getting a Static IP-address a just choosed one randomly like the exampel the installer gives you. But i now realised i Had to choose one from the Gateway address.

I created this address: 192.168.1.24. BUT The gateway address is 192.168.10.1............SO when I changed the static address to 192.168.10.24 it finally worked.........NOW im in!!! Hurray! :)

Have a great day AND stay SAFE!!!
One more thing is you should pick a static IP that is not in your DHCP rage. So check your router settings and see what range it uses for DHCP and pick something not in that range. Usually a higher number like 192.168.10.200 is safe

pelle_8

Cadet
Ok! Thank you very much for the answer. I will remember that. I hope I wont have any conflict. But I might change the static adress to a higher number. Feels great being back on the road :)