SOLVED New FreeNas setup - AFP Share issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vade

Cadet
Hello

Ive recently built a FreeNAS rig (30TB Raw, ~19TB RaidZ2, Node 304, FreeNAS 9.3 Stable) and am loving it. I am currently archiving media on to it, using rsync from my current media drives/workstation on to an AFP Share I've set up.

So far so good, everything works (Quicktime files, images, etc), but I've found one weird hiccup that I cant seem to figure out:

I am backing up some AVCHD files that I archived up including the entire folder structure from the camera (DCIM, MP_ROOT, PRIVATE etc). The content of these folders/files work fine on my HFS+ media drive but won't load over the AFP share.

The AVCHD files on my FreeNAS AFP share have the same file size, and they were rynsc'ed, so they damn well better - however, they don't open: Quicktime throws an error: (Cannot Open).

One thing I do know is that AVCHD files are on OS X, considered bundles, and Ive verified that the bundle contents are correct and match between my local HFS+ Media drive and the AFP Media share on FreeNAS, and all directories within the bundle (a bundle is a folder presented as a file in the Finder on OS X) contain the same files / folder structure and sized.

Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks in advance.

I am using AFP3 Unix Privs fwiw...

Ah, shit. Looking at the console this looks like a Sandbox issue, Im getting a com.apple.quicktime deny system-fsctl error in the Console, indicating that AFP + Quicktime + some FSStat to check / load the bundle is an issue, but regular movie resources work...

Anyone seen this before?

Savage

Dabbler
A better fix might be to use the zfs set property for case sensitivity of datasets and make sure it is insensitive like default format HFS+ volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.