AFP share issue with duplicate-copy/paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironkoala

Cadet
First time post, new to FreeNAS. Sharing works great overall but we have a small issue, I couldn't find any help on searching the forums or duckduckgo (just duck it). Issue is duplication (copy/paste) not working properly (possibly a file size issue but really unsure).

Spun up a FreeNAS instance on bare metal (stats in sig) as a file sharing test at work. Created AFP shares (SMB was voted down as too unreliable by other IT members) to our Macs. I copied the files and folders from our current SMB file-share to the AFP share. Yes I know AFP is deprecated--but it still works.

We tried to make a duplicate of a folder in the AFP share (in Finder) and some folders can be duplicated and some fail with an error -50 and only partially land a couple files from inside the folder. I tried the same copy after creating a new folder in the share and copied the files and folders in small chunks and they all landed. Are there current reported issues with file corruption? Or could it be a permissions issue?

We are just in the testing phase but to be able to push this out to users we need to have this issue addressed. Any helpful thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

I have attached an image of the -50 error message.
I did find this post but it is from 2014 https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/error-code-50-using-afp.25738/

Not sure if any of this info is helpful
Running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 on client machines
Compression selected on share is lz4 1.11x ratio dataset 1TB in size sync Inherit(standard) share type is Mac, defaults throughout dataset. AFP share pretty basic only AFP3 Unix Privs checked.

Attachments

• error50.png
    error50.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 283

ironkoala

Cadet
Not sure how to answer that without more information. I can't allocate a ton of time to spinning up a new instance of FreeNAS and if I did it would be on a VM. Maybe there is more to this that makes it easy to switch between versions that I am unaware of, since I just was introduced to this a week ago? Can you easily switch between U6 to U5 and back again without risking corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.