New crashplan install not able to look up crashplan dns

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjaylward

Dabbler
I'm trying to install crashplan on a new freenas box but am having trouble getting it to authenticate my account. I get an error in the log that looks like this bug report comment: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/6324 .

I assumed the jail was using a port of the JVM from linux which uses a different host.conf format. I tried installing the freeBSD version of the JVM, however when I started crashplan with that, it seems that crashplan is then unable to find the configuration files and always restart as if it's a fresh install.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this, or do I just need to wait until the plugin is updated?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

johnjaylward

Dabbler
I looked at that thread as well, but I didn't see anything I would need to change in my configuration.
  • The -D...PollSelectorProvider option was already in the run.conf.
  • The heap size shouldn't affect DNS lookups
  • crashplan starts just fine and I can connect with the client interface over an ssh tunnel

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Well that bug you posted is directly related to the thread I linked. So your issue must be different.

Why are you taking about heap size?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
That isn't the issue. Heap size relates to backup dataset size and if too small it will crash the crashplan process when doing dedup.

Status
Not open for further replies.