need to reinstall but cant get to the install prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maussimo010

Cadet
SO i had 8.0.3 up and running no issues until i started to install plugins. I could NOT start the plugins service despite reading through forums, until i read a post about sometimes the service wont start if 8 is running from a USB drive. I am NOW trying to re-install 8, but when i put my USB drive in, I can't seem to get to the part where it asks if i want to install/upgrade, where i choose the disks i want to use. etc. It will take me to the 1-11 options page, or if I hit F1, F2, etc it will take me to the other options page (although I cant recall what it says on said page), but none of the options there are anything I can use.

How do i re-install to where I can choose one of my SATA drive to install 8 on?

thanks in advance! much appreciated!

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Your USB is the installed OS. Install the new version just like you did the old one and restore your backed up config

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

maussimo010

Cadet
Your USB is the installed OS. Install the new version just like you did the old one and restore your backed up config

i thought that it wasnt recommended to keep the OS on a flash drive to operate from because of issues like the one im running into with plugins not starting...Im still a bit lost on how to re-install so that i can install to the hard drive thats actually in the computer, and NOT the thumb drive...this IS what I want/need to do, right?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
No. Install it to the thumb drive. That is the recommended installation

D

dlavigne

It is not recommended to install onto the hard drive. If you read that somewhere, it is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.