Need help moving disks from one install to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenovo1984

Cadet
My FreeNAS machine decided it wasn't going to boot anymore (cheap USB drive, my fault), so I reinstalled FreeNAS 11.1 onto a spare 320GB SATA mechanical drive. It works fine, and it boots a lot faster now, but I need to access my old data. Before I reinstalled the OS, I had 2x 500GB WD drives, and they were somehow setup with Windows shares (1 share for 1 drive). I don't know how to properly connect the drives to FreeNAS so I can create new shares and get my data. Anyone know how? I have managed to move these disks from one install to another before, but I think I moved them between 8.x and 9.x. This is my first time using 11.1.

garm

Wizard
Simply upload the config you saved from your old system and everything will be restored

Lenovo1984

Cadet
Simply upload the config you saved from your old system and everything will be restored
That's the issue, I don't have a saved config. I've moved the disks to a clean install without any configuration information before, so I know it "should" be possible, but I can't figure it out. Perhaps I should try installing an older version of FreeNAS?

silverback

Contributor
It is likely that your pool was not cleanly exported from your old system and therefore is not available for import in the GUI.
It is possible to force it to import from the CLI, but someone more experienced than I would hopefully chime in.

m0nkey_

MVP
From the shell run the command zpool import and it will display a list of available pools to import. Paste the result here.

Status
Not open for further replies.