mysql57-server

tebrown

Cadet
I am new to FreeNAS and FreeBSD in general. So far, I have been very happy with how things have been working and love the idea of jails.

I enabled the zoneminder plugin, and after reading the forums and Jira, I see that it is broken. I wanted to take a crack at seeing what was wrong. The biggest issue I see is that zoneminder depends on mysql57-server, but I cannot install mysql57-server from the package manager. mysql57-client is available, but if I do `pkg search mysql57-server`, it reports that there are no packages, but it does appear this is in the FreeBSD packages repository.

What is the best way to get mysql57-server installed in a jail? I am running FreeNAS-11.2-U5.

Thanks

joeschmuck

Old Man
Have you updated the jail with pkg update and upgrade commands?

tebrown

Cadet
Yup.

Code:
root@zoneminder:~ # pkg update
Updating iocage-plugins repository catalogue...
iocage-plugins repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
root@zoneminder:~ # pkg update
root@zoneminder:~ # pkg install mysql57-server
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'mysql57-server' have been foundin the repositories
root@zoneminder:~ #

I am guessing it's because I am using the iocage-plugins, and not a virgin jail?

joeschmuck

Old Man
First of all, I'm not sure you will get this to work in a plugin and you are better off creating a jail then installing zoneminder.

But, you could download the ports collection and then build the sql server. Look here for two clues to try to build this in the plugin but as I said, creating your own jail is the best way to go.

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-mysql-server-with-phpmyadmin-on-freebsd-11/

Rough example:
Code:
portsnap fetch extract
portsnap update
cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql57-server
make install clean BATCH=yes

Again, did I mention just using your own jail???? Hint Hint!

tebrown

Cadet
Thanks! I did get it to work by undisabling the freebsd packages in the plugin jail. This is just an experiment anyway, which is the great thing about jails. If I screw it up, I can just delete the jail and start again :)