MySQL Installation Freenas 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljstronge

Cadet
Hi

I am running FreeNas 8.0.3 and I would like to install MySQL to serve up my XBMC settings to the various machines.

I have successfully completed the MySQL install & Config on a windows machine (my main HTPC) but ideally I do not what that on 24/7 and as my NAS IS on 24/7, it makes sense.

I have searched the forum and found various threads with a couple of different set ups. Ideally, I just want the most simplest way of installing is and have it configured once and then left alone.

I am a noob when it comes to the command line, and end up just copying and pasting in what I need.

Do you have to set up a Jail to complete this? If so, once I have done that, is there a step by step guide to install My SQL 5.5?

Hope you can help

Thnaks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Do you have to set up a Jail to complete this? If so, once I have done that, is there a step by step guide to install My SQL 5.5?

Yes, the jail is your only option for MYSQL. I am not familiar with any step-by-step guide for installing mysql. But you can expect that the installation and maintenance of MYSQL will be strictly command line based. Unless you plan to dig deep and learn the command line, how software is installed in FreeBSD from the CLI, etc. you are going to be fighting an uphill battle. :(

ljstronge

Cadet
Ok

Thanks for your reply! That's a shame, maybe I will have to grow a pair and get involved in the Command Line!

Willem1987

Cadet
Status
Not open for further replies.