Mylar plugin needs a Python upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
what version of the mylar plugin do you have installed? it should show on the Plugins > Installed tab

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It says 9.3.2 on my FreeNas plugin page
hmm, I assume I would have updated pyhon for this PBI as i updated it recently (July 2015). can you verify the version using '/usr/pbi/mylar-amd64/bin/python2.7'

does mylar have a status page that says the version?

1uVBo

Dabbler
Mylar says it is using 2.7.9 but when I run from the Mylar jail shell "pkg info|grep python", it returns 2.7.8_4. When I run the same command in Sickrage jail shell, I get 2.7.9. Which makes me think that Mylar might be using saying it's using one version, but not reflecting it properly? I'm not sure.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Mylar says it is using 2.7.9 but when I run from the Mylar jail shell "pkg info|grep python", it returns 2.7.8_4. When I run the same command in Sickrage jail shell, I get 2.7.9. Which makes me think that Mylar might be using saying it's using one version, but not reflecting it properly? I'm not sure.
the version of Python installed with pkg has nothing to do with the plugin which uses PBIs.

1uVBo

Dabbler
Huh. Well. Thank you for that information. I guess it doesn't need an update.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no prob, I'm assuming all the features of mylar are working then.

1uVBo

Dabbler
no prob, I'm assuming all the features of mylar are working then.
Not all of them. On the GitHub page (https://github.com/evilhero/mylar) it mentions that the stable doesn't get many updates (which makes logical sense), but when there's a problem it usually isn't updated nearly as quickly as the developer version which is listed as being usually stable. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to switch over to the development channel. I ask because some features such as downloading from 32p has not worked all summer on the stable branch and downloading from KAT has left the torrents corrupt on the stable branch. I'm contemplating the switchover because of a few bugs that don't seem to be getting fixed in the stable branch.

if there was a good way to switch to the development branch that would likely solve a lot of problems. Development branches are notoriously known for being unstable but everywhere around the web including the GitHub readme page states that the development branch is recommended.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Not all of them. On the GitHub page (https://github.com/evilhero/mylar) it mentions that the stable doesn't get many updates (which makes logical sense), but when there's a problem it usually isn't updated nearly as quickly as the developer version which is listed as being usually stable. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to switch over to the development channel. I ask because some features such as downloading from 32p has not worked all summer on the stable branch and downloading from KAT has left the torrents corrupt on the stable branch. I'm contemplating the switchover because of a few bugs that don't seem to be getting fixed in the stable branch.

if there was a good way to switch to the development branch that would likely solve a lot of problems. Development branches are notoriously known for being unstable but everywhere around the web including the GitHub readme page states that the development branch is recommended.
In this case I'm just shipping the default branch from his repo. if he recommends people use the 'development' branch he can switch what the default branch is.

if you want to swit h your own install the source code is in /usr/pbi/mylar-amd64/share/mylar

1uVBo

Dabbler
In this case I'm just shipping the default branch from his repo. if he recommends people use the 'development' branch he can switch what the default branch is.

if you want to swit h your own install the source code is in /usr/pbi/mylar-amd64/share/mylar
Switched over to the development branch. Thank you very much.

EDIT: If anyone wanted to know how to do this, you need to edit the file:
Code:
/jails/mylar_1/usr/pbi/mylar-amd64/share/mylar/mylar/mylar/version.py

And change the line:
Code:
MYLAR_VERSION = "master"

to:
Code:
MYLAR_VERSION = "development"

Restart the plug-in from either the freenas GUI or the built-in function of the plug-in and it should now allow you to update to the development branch. But make sure you make a backup of your config because you have a fair chance of wrecking it.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.